1. Use public transportation- alternative fuel vehicles are increasing and can save up to 4.2 billion gallons of gas each year.
2. Open parks and trails- greenery inside the city is aesthetically pleasing and can help the production of other green products.
3. Decrease waste- at a rate of 1 million plastic bags used per minute worldwide, switching to reusable bags can have a huge impact.
4. Start local- farmer’s markets and community-supported agriculture are healthier and environmentally friendlier options for produce.
5. Use the roof- rooftop gardens conserve water, reduce runoff, and create insulation on otherwise wasted space.
6. Urban farming- grow produce in the roof gardens.
7. Convert to natural gas- it burns cleaner than oil.
8. Create Smart Cities- that monitor temperature, pollution, and radiation.
9. Build green- use biomaterials and avoid tree harvesting.
10. Switch to electric- electric cars use almost half the amount of gas, and still emit just as much power.
Source: Best Sociology Programs