If you are looking to travel for pleasure and explore a new place, Australia is the best way to go! The picturesque locations and the variety in geographic locales offer the visitors the best of all worlds. If you are planning a trip to Australia, here is a guide you can use to make your trip beautiful and carefree.
Also Read – Dubai’s Top 5 Theme Parks You Must Visit
Tips to plan your trip to Australia
- Set the duration of your trip – The deterrent to sightseeing is only your jet lag. If you can deal with it, you can see a lot in 2 weeks. They are enough to go through the major sites in the country.
- Budget for the trip – When you are making the budget, including the cost of getting a visa, accommodations, flight, meals, travelling within the country, and paying for travel insurance.
- Get a visa in advance – There is no visa for arrival for Indians in Australia. Documents required for the Australian tourist visa from India are original passport with 6 months validity from time of travel, visa application form, pan or aadhar copy, financial statements, income tax returns, employment proofs, and slips, hotel bookings, marriage certificate (if married), flight bookings, and, cover letter mentioning details of passengers. Visa processing can take up to a month approximately.
- Time to visit – The seasons in Australia are conducive for an enjoyable visit most of the year. The summers are hot and humid. Autumn is a great time for walking and hiking, and winter is perfect for snorkeling and diving. Spring can be hot, but it is a good time to visit rainforests and wildlife.
What to do and what to see in Australia?
Plan your trip around your interests and pick what you want to see.
- Australia’s cultural attractions include the National Museum of Australia, Australian Parliament House, Australian War Memorial, National Gallery of Australia, and all these are located in Canberra. Australian National Maritime Museum, Opera Australia, Sydney House Opera are some of the cultural jewels of Australia situated in Sydney.
- Some of the bewitching natural landmarks in Australia are Staircase to the moon, The turning of Fagus, Bioluminescent Plankton, Lavender Fields, Wildflower bloom, Aurora Australis, and many more. Out of these unique experiences, some are specific to the season, while some are worth seeing all year round.
- You can take a walk or go on a tour and have splendid aboriginal experiences. These immersive experiences can be great, especially if you travel with your family.
- If you are an adrenaline-lover, you can experience all kinds of adventure sports in Australia. You have a wide range that starts from camping and goes on to rafting, fishing, surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling.
- The culinary experience in Australia can blow your mind and be an experience of a lifetime. You can dig into the freshest seafood and visit a winery, and you can visit amazing restaurants that are famous worldwide.
Top places to visit in Australia
While you can visit the places around the cities you have planned, here are a few places that are definitely worth a detour.
- Bondi beach – Perhaps the most popular beach in Australia, Bondi offers a list of things to do when you go there. You can spend an entire day relaxing by the beach and brunching while you laze.
- Kangaroo Island – It has an unbelievably beautiful coastline that houses a lot of marine life and many kinds of animals. The native wildlife and farmlands are definitely worth a visit.
- Margaret River – This small region offers adventure sports, beautiful wines, and beaches. The wine of this region has also made a mark on the world.
- Alice Springs – Nestled in the mountain ranges, this small town has a lot to offer. You can have the chance to meet baby kangaroos and spend time stargazing. You can go on a hot air balloon adventure and take a walk through the Botanic gardens. You can peruse the local markets, visit the local brewery, and take a camel ride.
Also Read – 15 Best Things to do in Dubai
Why is travel insurance essential?
Travel insurance is essential no matter which country you are visiting. While travelling there may be a lot of things that can go wrong without you intending to. If you have a travel insurance policy, you can get out of situations when you lose your baggage, your passport, and when your flights get delayed or cancelled.
If you have an accident, then it takes care of the personal accident cover as well. Apart from an accident, you may get unwell and need medical attention. If you have travel insurance, you can file a claim and get your money back. Travel insurance protects you against paying for any of these. You can file a claim from your smartphone as well!
Use these tips to plan a beautiful trip across Australia and enjoy the best the country has to offer. Plan an itinerary according to your interests to get the most out of your trip. The best part of going on a trip to Australia is that every region has its own specialty, and every region has something valuable to offer.